The Wondersign Catalog Kiosk Product Data API offers a robust, comprehensive API that can be consumed using a variety of tools, software applications, and languages.
Use the following steps to generate an API Key in the Catalog App Manager that can be used with the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk Product Data API documentation to stream your product data, regardless of brand, to a third-party tool or output source.
NOTE: The Wondersign Data API solution offers customers full access to the raw product data API for one URL and up to 10,000 visits per month. Contact Sales by phone at 1-855-408-9966 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Generate the Catalog Kiosk API Key
1. Log into the Catalog App Manager (CAM) as an Account Admin User.
2. Click the User field in the top right corner.
3. Select Users from the drop-down menu.
If you would like the user to only have access to the Data API, and not access to the Catalog App Manager, create a new user group that has restricted system access set to Data API Read Only.
4. Click Create Group to create a new User Group with API Data privileges and limited Catalog App Manager permissions.
5. Enter a name in the Group Name field.
6. Select Data API (Read Only) from the Access Level drop-down menu to create a group that has read-only Data API system permission.
7. Click Save.
The User Groups section in the right navigation updates to display the new Data API User Group.
8. Click Add User to create a new user to assign to the Data API (Read Only) User Group.
9. Enter the First Name and Last Name on the Add user screen.
10. Enter a Username (Email) for the new user.
11. Use the Assign to user group drop-down menu to select Data API (Read Only).
12. Click Save.
The User Settings page automatically opens for the new or selected user.
13. Click the Get New Key link to generate a unique API Key for the user.
The unique key is generated in the API Key field and the Last Update field populates the date and time when the key was generated.
14. Copy the API Key and use to access the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk Product Data API as instructed below.
NOTE: If a new key is required for the user, click the Generate New Key link again and the API Key field will update to display a new unique key. If an API Key should be removed for the user, navigate to the User Settings page for the user. Click the Revoke Key link to remove the API Key.
The API Key no longer appears in the field and the user's access to the Catalog Kiosk Product Data API is revoked. Refer to the Last Update field for the last date the API Key was generated.
Access and Use the Catalog Kiosk Product Data API
The Catalog Kiosk Product Data API can be accessed via the documentation site and your unique API key. Depending on your business needs, the Product Data API can be used and/or consumed in a variety of ways and in different languages, applications, and tools to provide product data assigned to your Catalog Kiosk account, regardless of brand.
For example, the product data API may be exported into a CSV output file using Postman or used by a website developer or Information Technology (IT) team to integrate products across multiple brands into an online eCommerce website.
Use the following steps to access and use the API documentation and product data:
1. Navigate to the Catalog Kiosk Data API documentation site to view instructions on how to use the Wondersign API.
2. If desired, select the programming language from the Language field in the right column to display alongside the product data in the left column.
3. Enter the GET /products URL from the documentation as the API Endpoint.
4. Enter the user-specific API KEY generated from the Catalog App Manager on Step 14 in the x-api-key header parameter field.
5. Run or send the Product Data API within the desired language and/or software to integrate the Catalog Kiosk Product Data API with your system.
Your system will display the data for all brands and products associated with the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk account using the API. Many customers choose to download product data from the API once every 24 hours to update their own systems and services.