In this article, you will learn how to import custom product names in a CSV file that is uploaded into the Catalog App Manager (CAM). This allows you to change the names of your products that display in the Catalog Manager app. Use this feature to change the manufacturer or brand names of products with custom names to help prevent cross-shopping on your devices.
Use the following steps to create a Custom Name CSV file and import the customized product name data into the CAM:
Create a Custom Name CSV File
Before you begin, create and/or finalize the Custom Name CSV file and make sure it is available for upload when you log into the CAM. Use the spreadsheet example below to create data columns for the required fields and set up your spreadsheet.
1. Create a spreadsheet with the following data columns:
- SKU: Identifies product SKU from the manufacturer data feed source
- Brand: Identifies the manufacturer where product data feed is being consumed
- Custom_Name: Add the customized product names to display for products.
2. Save the Custom_Name.csv file to your desktop/local files.
Import Custom Product Names into the CAM
3. Log into the Catalog App Manager (CAM) with the email and password credentials.
4. Click Content in the top navigation.
5. Select Products from the Content drop-down menu.
6. Click Import Product Names to upload a custom list of product names to replace/show at the kiosk.
The Import Product Names window opens.
7. Click Choose File from the Select File field.
8. Find and select the Custom Name CSV file from your local files/desktop that contains the SKUs, Brands, and Custom_Name information you wish to import.
9. Click Open.
The Custom_Name.csv file name displays in the Select File field once it is uploaded.
10. Verify the CSV Has Header Row checkbox is checked. For example, the following CSV file has a header row.
NOTE: If the Custom Name CSV file does not have a header row, click the CSV Has Header Row checkbox to uncheck the option.
11. Click Upload.
The Import Product Names window updates to show your imported CSV file data.
12. Verify the data columns match the uploaded data fields for the SKUs, Brand, and Custom Name data in your CSV file.
NOTE: If you wish to display customized product names on the kiosk instead of brand titles or names, make sure to select the checkbox.
13. Click the Importing of product name will overwrite my existing names for matching products checkbox to change the names of the identified products.
14. Click Import.
A message displays, "Your product names were successfully imported."
15. Click Close.
The Products page reappears with the product details spreadsheet.
16. Click Content in the top navigation to refresh the Products page with new data.
17. Select Products from the Content drop-down menu.
19. Use the Column Headers in the spreadsheet to sort products by the Updated field to show the new product names in the most recent updates.
The Name column updates to show the new custom names for each product imported in the CSV file with the associated SKU and Brand information.
Learn How to Import Custom SKUs
Custom SKUs can also be uploaded for your products in CAM using similar steps to the product name import process. This helps disguise or obfuscate the product SKUs on your devices that may allow your guests to cross-shop using brand or manufacturer-assigned SKUs. Learn more in the Importing Custom SKUs for Products in the Catalog App Manager article.