In this article, you will learn how to configure the preferred product tab order configuration in the Catalog App Manager (CAM). This is used to set whether the Description or Specifications tab displays first on the Product page. Depending on preference, you may want to set the Specs tab to display product availability, dimensions, and manufacturer details for a product in fewer taps or keep the Description tab displayed with a summary of the product features.
Follow the steps to change the preferred product order tab settings in the CAM:
1. Log into the Catalog App Manager (CAM) using the email and password credentials.
2. Click the Devices tab in the top navigation.
3. Click the Settings button in the Device Groups side panel on the right.
4. Click the Advanced Configuration menu to expand the section.
5. Use the Preferred Product Tab Order field to set the DESCRIPTION or SPECS tab first on the Product page:
DESCRIPTION FIRST (default): Product description and features display first.
SPECS FIRST: Product specifications display first with the model, manufacturer, weight, dimensions, and real-time inventory (when available).
6. Click the Save Changes button at the top of the screen to save the changes.
To manually update, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, changes will appear when the Catalog Kiosk app automatically updates overnight.
7. Click the Devices tab in the top navigation.
8. Click the Sync all devices button to update your devices with the changes.
Catalog Kiosk App View
The Catalog Kiosk app displays the preferred product order tab configuration from the CAM. Use the steps below to access the Product page:
1. Tap a category tile to browse for an item or product.
2. Tap an item tile from the search results to view the product details.
3. The Product page displays the product details and image. Tap DESCRIPTION or SPECS to switch between the tabs.
Examples of Preferred Product Order Tabs: DESCRIPTION FIRST
Examples of Preferred Product Order Tabs: SPECS FIRST
NOTE: Learn how to change the order of the Collections and Items tabs using the Configuring the Preferred Category Order Tab in the Catalog App Manager article.