The Wondersign Product Importer allows you to:
- Import or update your own products
- Enhance feed-based products (update custom fields)
- Add or update a custom SKU
- Update product names
- Add or update a custom product sort order
- Add or update image URLs
- Add or update video URLs
- Import custom product relationships
- Import custom product kits
In the main navigation, go to Content and select Products from the drop-down.
In the top right, click the green Import Products button.
NOTE: If you don't see this button, you might be on a Legacy plan that doesn't include product import functionality. Please give us a call at 855-408-9966 or send an email to email@example.com.
The introduction screen explains the various import functions and also allows you to Download Example CSV File. This file can be used as a template for your own catalog data.
Once you are ready to proceed, click Next.
Use the Choose File button to upload your CSV file from your desktop. If you are using the provided template file or if your CSV has a header row, leave the box CSV Has Header Row checked.
In the Import Settings select if you wish to create new products or update existing products. You can also check both if the import contains new and updated products.
To import a brand new custom catalog with items that are not part of the managed vendor feeds, leave the box next to Create new products checked.
To update existing products in the Wondersign platform, check the corresponding box and then select from the three sub-options.
- Skip empty fields - If a field in the Wondersign platform contains data and the same field in the CSV file does not, the importer will not delete the field information in the platform on import - as long as this option is checked. (This is recommended)
- Skip items that originated from a 3rd party data feed - With this option selected, the import process skips items from a managed vendor feed and only updates custom items.
- Enhance only - With this option checked, empty fields on the Wondersign platform will be filled with content from the imported file.
And finally, the import wizard also allows you to keep your catalogs up-to-date by automatically deleting items if they are not part of the CSV file any longer. This is useful when removing discontinued items or temporarily hiding out-of-stock product.
To delete items when they're not present in the CSV file, check the box Delete items.
Click Next to proceed to column mapping.
The Wondersign platform automatically detects columns if the column header information matches. For all other columns, they have to be mapped to the correct column header by hand. A green status indicates that columns are successfully mapped.
To add or update/enhance fields in the Wondersign platform, you can use any or all of the fields available for mapping. Please note that Brand and SKU are required fields.
Here is a list of fields that serve a special purpose:
- customerSku - This field can be used to import custom SKUs that should be displayed instead of the manufacturer's SKUs. This is critical for retailers with their own unique SKU system. And using custom SKU numbers also makes cross-shopping or showrooming much harder.
- packageProducts - These fields can be used when importing kitted or bundled items that consist of multiple components. The component SKUs and quantity can be defined by using these fields.
- rank - When importing a custom sort order, the rank column needs to contain a numeric value. The number determines the sort order on the kiosk and tablet app, if the Custom Sort Order is selected in the device group settings (Advanced Configuration > Product Sorting).
- relatedProducts - These fields define which products should be shown as associated items.
4.1 completeYourCollection - This is for up-sell purposes to recommend a matching love seat to a sofa, or a matching night stand to a bed.
4.2 crossSell - As the name indicates, this is to add items that go well with the main item, such as accessories and decor items.
4.3 series - These fields define items that pertain to the same series/collection as the main item.
To import multiple images, separate the image URLs with a comma. Map the column with the image URLs (comma-separated) to
Image format recommendations:
- RGB Images only, no CMYK
- Supported formats: JPG, PNG
- Minimum resolution: 1200 px (longer edge)
- Maximum resolution: 100 Mpx (width x height. Eg. 10000 x 10000 px for 1.0 aspect ratio)
- Do not include extra whitespace in rectangular / scene imagery
- URL must return proper
content-lengthheader for the image file, try to avoid redirects
Using Feature Bullets in Product Description
Feature bullets can be added to your product description through import using structured HTML.
Once your mapping is complete, click Finish to proceed.
The CSV file is now being imported in the background. You can use the Wondersign platform without limitations while the import process is under way.
To check on status, click the Background Tasks icon (check mark) in the top right and select View Details.
The list of background tasks shows you the nature and status of each task, together with time stamps, the outcome, and a link to View Results.
To download a log file that documents each failed row or field with a reason for the error, click Download log file. This will help when fixing potential data issues.
To fully automate product data import and to move from manual imports to automated (managed) data feeds, please shoot us a note and we're happy to go over the various methods to automate product data feed ingestion.